Kañooh is looking for the best front-end wizards from all over Europe to work on their top-notch product: a beautiful Drupal distribution on a word-class hosting.Join us for:
· The opportunity to work on the biggest Drupal project in Belgium (Europe?)
· A great international experience: you will live and work in Brussels, the bustling heart of Europe! (We would be happy to provide some support in helping you move)
· The possibility to give back to the community
· Capable, critical and committed colleagues
· A high-impact project: you will have the chance to change the way the Flemish Government builds and maintains websites
· A startup culture and team events
We’re a nice team of 14 people that believes in what we do and how we do it. We’re ONE team, one product but we serve a lot of customers that join the platform at a steady pace. We are 4 developers, 1 themer, 1 support, 1 sys admin, 1 pm, 1 product, 1 UX, 1 marcom, 1 sales and 2 client-facing account managers. Some are veggies, but all love beer. There is free coffee, a boxing ball, and walls you may decorate to your likes.
We love open source. Our work is contributed and available on Drupal.org/project/paddle.Job Description
Kañooh is helping the Flemish Government to build websites faster and more efficiently. We are developing a user-friendly content management system based on Drupal that responds to the individual needs of institutions of the Flemish Government. As a Drupal front-end developer you will work on the project front-ends that our platform creates and also on the back-end interface of our kañooh CMS.
· You will work closely with our UX Designer and Product Owner for the technical implementation of new features and revamps.
· You will develop new Drupal themes
· You will translate graphic and functional designs to state-of-the-art responsive website themes.
· You will actively look for ways to improve our product using the latest technologies and open source tools
· You will work in a team of 15 people from our offices in Brussels (near Central Station).
· You will give feedback to designers that supply designs so the designs fit the web better. You are as critical for them as you are for yourself.
· You have worked with Drupal or other PHP frameworks
· You are familiar with Agile development and are used to working with source control tools such as Git
· You know your way around Photoshop or similar tools.
· You write CSS and HTML following best practices
· You are able to self-manage and meet deadlines on a tight schedule.
· You speak and write English fluently.
· You are a team player that enjoys to share his/her insights with the rest of the team.
· You are precise, always go for 100% finishing. Quality is not a goal, delivering quality is why you do it.
· Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or others.
· Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
· Experience with writing Selenium tests
· Experience with JIRA
· Ability to maintain and understand PHP code