Kañooh is looking for the best front-end wizards from all over Europe to work on their top-notch product: a beautiful Drupal distribution on a word-class hosting.
Join us for:
· The opportunity to work on the biggest Drupal project in Belgium (Europe?)
· A great international experience: you will live and work in Brussels, the bustling heart of Europe! (We would be happy to provide some support in helping you move)
· The possibility to give back to the community
· Capable, critical and committed colleagues
· A high-impact project: you will have the chance to change the way the Flemish Government builds and maintains websites
· A startup culture and team events
We’re a nice team of 14 people that believes in what we do and how we do it. We’re ONE team, one product but we serve a lot of customers that join the platform at a steady pace. We are 4 developers, 1 themer, 1 support, 1 sys admin, 1 pm, 1 product, 1 UX, 1 marcom, 1 sales and 2 client-facing account managers. Some are veggies, but all love beer. There is free coffee, a boxing ball, and walls you may decorate to your likes.
We love open source. Our work is contributed and available on Drupal.org/project/paddle.
Kañooh is helping the Flemish Government to build websites faster and more efficiently. We are developing a user-friendly content management system based on Drupal that responds to the individual needs of institutions of the Flemish Government. As a Drupal front-end developer you will work on the project front-ends that our platform creates and also on the back-end interface of our kañooh CMS.
· You will work closely with our UX Designer and Product Owner for the technical implementation of new features and revamps.
· You will develop new Drupal themes
· You will translate graphic and functional designs to state-of-the-art responsive website themes.
· You will actively look for ways to improve our product using the latest technologies and open source tools
· You will work in a team of 15 people from our offices in Brussels (near Central Station).
· You will give feedback to designers that supply designs so the designs fit the web better. You are as critical for them as you are for yourself.
What you need (core skills)
· You have worked with Drupal or other PHP frameworks
· You are familiar with Agile development and are used to working with source control tools such as Git
· You know your way around Photoshop or similar tools.
· You write CSS and HTML following best practices
· You are able to self-manage and meet deadlines on a tight schedule.
· You speak and write English fluently.
· You are a team player that enjoys to share his/her insights with the rest of the team.
· You are precise, always go for 100% finishing. Quality is not a goal, delivering quality is why you do it.
Nice to Haves
· Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or others.
· Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
· Experience with writing Selenium tests
· Experience with JIRA
· Ability to maintain and understand PHP code